Update from Dressage NZ Board
The Dressage Board wishes to reassure our riders, areas, organising committees and sponsors that we are monitoring closely the situation with changing COVID levels. With Auckland region under level 4/3 events are not possible. Northland in Level 2 is unable to transit Auckland to reach areas further south, however, shows can be run within Northland.
Areas south of Auckland in level 2 still have considerable restrictions to manage and while the majority of the committees are looking to forge ahead with their shows they will also be affected by reduced entries and officials unavailability. Some shows do not have suitable grounds to run a show under level 2 and have made the call to wait for level 1. This will occur across North and South Islands.
We support and encourage any event that chooses to run under level 2 and respect those that make the call to wait for level 1. It is important everyone is on board with this and follows all conditions and instructions from these shows. Competitors want to be out at events as soon as possible however we must also keep our sport and participants safe and well.
The Board has considered the impact of this on fair play and the National Series. At this time our decision is to allow shows to continue when and where they can, in the format they can. This is being closely monitored and should a significant inequality of opportunity develop, the Board reserves the right to retrospectively apply a change to the Series results calculations. Any changes will be communicated via social media channels and website.
Our very valued sponsors are also dealing with COVID level issues in their own businesses, and we see continuing the Series is a way to keep them in the spotlight they deserve.
We’re all in this together and encourage you to continue your support for our sponsors throughout this tough time.
While qualifying for Nationals and Land Rover Horse of the Year will remain, this will also be monitored and adjusted if deemed necessary.