Applications are now open to be received for the Chris Hodson Scholarship for 2018.
The Chris Hodson Scholarship was established in 2015 in recognition of Chris Hodson’s outstanding service to ESNZ as an ESNZ Board Member from 1998 to 2015 and President from 2011 to 2015.
The Scholarship was for $10,000 ($2,000 for the next five years) to be awarded to an aspiring New Zealand FEI Official. The first scholarship was awarded in 2016.
The purpose of the scholarship is to support the development of a dedicated New Zealand Official who is deemed to have potential and aspirations of being promoted to a higher level FEI Official. The scholarship is also seen as a long-term investment into an official who ESNZ hopes will continue in their role for many years to come.
Terms of Reference / Criteria
The Scholarship is to be used to support:
- Funding of training for an New Zealand FEI Official to be promoted to a higher level FEI Official.
- Funding to attend an international seminar / course or conference which will benefit the official and ESNZ.
- Applicants must be a current financial members of ESNZ and reside in New Zealand.
- Applicant must provide a course/training programme outline and budget for how the scholarship will be used.
- Applications may be presented to the Discipline Boards (if more than one application is received) who will forward one application to ESNZ to be considered by the Chris Hodson Scholarship Trustees.
- Must be willing to write a short report about their experience for the ESNZ website.
To apply for the Chris Hodson Scholarship, applicants must provide the following:
- A short introduction about themselves, the reason for applying for the scholarship and what makes them a suitable candidate for the Chris Hodson Scholarship.
- An outline of the course/training programme they wish to attend along with a budget for how the scholarship will be used.
- Send your application once completed to email@example.com
- Applications for 2018 close on Monday 5th November 2018.